Winter 2011/2012 notes
– Pee Wee karate sessions for 3 and 4 year olds will be held in Jan and Feb. The sessions are for the little guys/gals to try out martial arts. I run them 3 Saturdays in a row for 30 mins each. Jan dates are 1/14, 1/21/, and 1/28. Feb dates are 2/17, 2/24, and 3/2. The cost is $50 per session and kids get a school tshirt and white belts. To sign up pls email me or let me know when at the school. Pls spread the word to friends w/ pre-schoolers.
– Kick-a-Thon 2012 is in the works. I’m looking at doing it on a Friday evening in Feb. I’ll hv more info on this as I’m still locking in details. For newer families…the Kick-a-Thon is a fundraiser/kicking contest. The kids get financial sponsorships for participating and we donate all of the proceeds to a local cause. On the night of the event kids are grouped by age/skill level and get several timed rounds to kick pads. The most kicks in each category wins trophies and all kids get awards for participating. A fun night to benefit a good cause.
– The studio will be closed between Christmas and New Years break coinciding w/ the Glastonbury school recess. Classes will resume on Tuesday, Jan 3rd.
– I hosted a private intro class for a group of Daisy scouts last month. Thanks to Valerie for mentioning it to the troop leader. I wanted to just spread the word that I offer free classes/demonstrations for boy or girl scouts, church kids groups, or other similar organizations. It’s a great way for me to promote the program and often helps the kids earn a badge.
– I have placed the Dec order for uniforms, equipment, and gifts. I expect the goods will be in next week. So pls see me at class to pickup your items. I’ll sneak them out to you once class starts if they are a surprise.
I think that’s it for now. Thanks. Jeff